We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletters (including name, email address, company name (optional), telephone number (optional));
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of getting a response (including name, email address, company name (optional), telephone number (optional), subject (optional) and content of submission);
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
For more information on cookies, visit 'Cookies and This Website'.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require newsletters or marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to the website;
- conduct market, social and satisfaction research;
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (username/password and firewall protected) servers. Data from the 'Contact Us' form is submitted via email.
Of course, data transmission over the internet (including email) is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for our marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for our marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for our marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible for our website is 'Join the Dots (Research) Ltd'.
Our data protection registration number is 'Z562232X'.
Join the Dots (Research) Ltd,
M1 4DY, UK