A bit about the team…
We are Culture + Trends, a team of 10 specialists working within leading insight agency Join the Dots. We work alongside our primary researchers to help our clients profit from the change. We do this via horizon-scanning, reading, listening to our ongoing research communities, visiting conferences and events, interviewing experts, working with our global network of trend spotters, plus a whole lot of thinking and workshopping with clients.
We’re excited by real people, their cultural context and their changing needs. We go beyond macro trends and the latest innovations to connect trend indicators up at a human, actionable level. We call it trend spotting from the consumers’ world – it’s something our clients truly value.
To find out more, check out our Instagram and blog:
What will you be doing?
Essentially, you’ll regularly engage with clients, managing culture and trends projects from brief through delivery, developing impactful reports and presentations, and communicating insights and foresights to clients in a clear and compelling way. The role also involves working with others to win new business.
- Collaborate with senior colleagues to scope, design, and execute bespoke culture and trends-led projects;
- Carry out desk research and conduct interviews with stakeholders, sector experts and leading-edge consumers, drawing out key insights and connecting up with wider trends;
- Take ownership of day-to-day project management and the development of high-quality client deliverables with well-developed strategic implications;
- Manage and coach junior staff members, helping them meet developmental goals and deliver excellent work.
- Contribute to culture and trend-led consulting projects that help our clients understand and take commercial advantage of the changing consumer world;
- Independently source, distil and analyse relevant content from a wide range of sources and apply our trends framework to generate fresh insights;
- Carry out research with leading edge consumers around the world using semiotic and ethnographic tools and techniques;
- Help lead client workshops, cultural immersions and innovation sessions;
- Contribute to our blog, write articles and deliver client seminars;
- Support senior colleagues, Account Leads and the Business Development team in winning work, writing proposals and delivering pitches
It would be great if you had:
- Experience in marketing, insights, semiotics, trend or futures research, strategic brand planning or consulting, or other creative thinking or strategic delivery industries;
- A passion for people, cultures, brands and consumer trends;
- Experience of working with a wide variety of data and information sources;
- Able to engage, enthuse and inspire colleagues, clients, researchers and Business Development Directors with the latest cultural and trends insights;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; the ability to tell a story and defend a point of view
- Comfortable with client relationship management and helping senior team members with the new business development (proposals, pitches)
- International experience and cultural understanding a bonus
What’s in it for you?
We’re based in the heart of the Northern Quarter in Manchester, surrounded by cool bars and restaurants and are about a 7 minute walk from Piccadilly Gardens. On top of that we offer corporate benefits such as an excellent pension scheme, season ticket loan, 25 days holiday and an employee perk portal for saving on high street stores and wellbeing packages.
Fancy a chat?
If you’d like more information or would like to apply, email your CV and the job title to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be interviewing w/c 18th June.
Diversity and inclusion is massively high on our agenda and we welcome applications from all walks of life…