Here at Join the Dots, we are looking for a Finance Assistant, to provide support to the Finance Manager, finance team, and all budget holders within the business
Your main duties will include
- Ownership of Purchase ledger including payment runs, supplier statements reconciliation and employee expenses.
- Timesheets management
- Daily bank reconciliations including posting client receipts
- Accounting for all actual spend in respect of capital and operating expenditure within the business
- Preparation and issue of flash time reports and employee time report
- Preparation and production of other weekly/monthly reporting requirements for the Operation Management Team
- Assisting with the preparation and production of the monthly Management Accounts pack. Incorporating all key tasks and activities as outlined within the monthly Finance Timetable to deadline
- Sales ledger cover
- Providing support as needed within the finance department
What will you bring:
You’ll be a logical and analytical thinker with an enthusiastic and determined nature, excellent communication and organisation skills, a proactive approach to problem solving and a desire to drive change and take responsibility for your own development.
Additionally, you’ll have
- Some experience of Sales ledger
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal colleagues and clients
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Sage 200 and project accounting
- The ability to explain in layman’s terms general accounting practices, processes and systems
- Experience working to a high level of accuracy and good attention to detail
Qualifications and Education
- 5 GCSE’s, A* – C grades including A*, with a minimum B in maths.
- Studying towards an accounting qualification (e.g. AAT, CIMA or equivalent)
- School education to A Level (or equivalent)
Whats in it for you?
We’re based in the heart of the Northern Quarter in Manchester, surrounded by cool bars and restaurants and are about a 7 minute walk from Piccadilly Gardens. On top of that we offer corporate benefits such as an excellent pension scheme, season ticket loan, 25 days holiday and an employee perk portal for saving on high street stores and wellbeing packages.
Fancy a chat?
We’re keen to find the right person as soon as possible so will be interviewing as and when applications come in. If you’d like more information or would like to apply, email your CV and the job title to Victoria at email@example.com.