This role will focus on the UK business and as we are a small team, will also get visibility of our international businesses and develop an understanding of our whole group.
You will be working closely with the Finance Manager who reports directly to the CFO. Over the past 5 years the Group has experienced significant growth and during 2019 we are planning to improve the internal processes to make them more scalable. This role will be very much part of this process.
UK management accounts reporting
- Working with the UK Finance Manager to complete the monthly management accounts. In particular taking ownership of :
- Overhead completion and working with business users to maintain budget control
- Owning the collation of the project costs in the monthly accounts eg managing the timesheet process to ensure all time related costs are in by month end, working with the purchase ledger clerk to ensure timely inputting of all invoices, ensuring all incentive costs are appropriately allocated
- Working with the UK Finance Manager to complete the monthly income and to ensure that income is accurately accounted for
- Assist with the completion of the UK management accounts pack and over time to own this
UK forecast and budget process
- Owning the overhead reforecast for the UK business
- Supporting the UK Finance Manager in completing the Income and Gross Margin forecasts
- Working with the UK Finance Manager to complete the UK budget / reforecast pack
- Providing UK cash flow forecast data to the Group accountant to produce the group cash flow
UK operational support
- Provide the weekly flashtime timesheet report and work with the accounts clerk to resolve any issues with UK timesheets
- Produce key UK operational reports –in particular the utilisation, throughput and other key management reports
- Working with the rest of the finance team, be a key point of contact for UK operational staff to resolve ad hoc queries and provide additional support and analysis where required
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
Newly qualified accountant – CIMA/ACA/ACCA – or QBE
- working in a people based business
- hands on experience of producing management accounts within a finance function
- working in an international environment and comfortable with dealing with foreign exchange, Transfer Pricing etc..
- simple consolidation with some element of foreign exchange
Excellent, advanced excel skills – Sage BI experience would be desirable. Examples of where you have streamlined reporting would be very interesting
Accustomed to working to deadlines
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Confident dealing with non finance staff
Fancy a chat?
If you’d like more information or would like to apply, email your CV and the job title to email@example.com
Diversity and inclusion is massively high on our agenda and we welcome applications from all walks of life…