Join the Dots are an innovative, award-winning global consumer insight agency. Our mission is to help businesses make better decisions though a deep understanding of people, in a world where people don’t always do what they say, or say what they do!
We are now looking for a Research Manager to join our New York office that shares our passion for delivering great research and insights, visual storytelling, and creating long lasting partnerships with our clients. We provide excellent benefits, including healthcare, employer matching 401(k) plan, paid time off and more.
As a Research Manager at Join the Dots you will be the principal point of contact for clients, and take responsibility for projects from proposal to debrief (with support from a Project Lead). The successful candidate must have a strong background in market research and digital methodologies, as well as a proven track record of delivering great work to US clients across a variety of sectors. We are looking for someone that not only has great research experience, but also has an insatiable curiosity, with particular skills in asking smart questions, active listening and observing people’s behavior.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Management of client relationships throughout research projects and on an ongoing basis – expected to take a primary role in all meetings.
- Management of quantitative, qualitative and/or community projects including proposal writing, set-up, project management, analysis, playing an active role in the presentation to the client.
- Handling briefings with the client, scheduling projects, tracking the progress of research fieldwork, and keeping clients and colleagues informed at key stages.
- Expected to play a role in presenting to clients i.e. presenting at most debriefs.
- It is expected to add value to presentations/reports, along with proactively looking for ways to increase levels of engagement on the community.
- Expected to support the Project Lead in writing simple proposals and spotting opportunities on client accounts.
- To keep up to date with market research innovations.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, and at least 4 years of prior experience, preferably with a research vendor company.
- Expertise in the US FMCG/CPG and Technology sectors.
- Expertise in online digital and qualitative research methods.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and organized.
- Capable of working independently and within teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Great team player and able to set a positive example to junior members of the team.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be a part of our Join the Dots team, where you will have access to some of the smartest technology in the research industry today. As well as some of the smartest people in our global offices such as, designers, trend experts, film makers and story tellers which offers you an incredible playground to create amazing research projects and solutions for our clients.
Join the Dots are an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you’d like more information about the role before applying, email me at email@example.com and we’ll set up a chat.