What will you be doing?
Reporting to the ORT Manager, we’re looking for a Senior Online Research Technologist to work on the implementation and management of online research on behalf of Join the Dots. The role also includes mentoring junior members of the department, acting as a visible senior point of contact, as well as delivering complex projects. Principal duties include:
- Creating and checking complex online surveys
- Styling surveys
- Monitoring and handling data collection
- Running panels
- Producing tabulated results from quantitative data
- Providing cleaned data to clients or third-party suppliers
- Carrying out image manipulation and testing
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Complex data handling and manipulation
- Creating and styling online communities
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A positive outlook
- The ability to learn new skills quickly
- The ability to contribute to the team and help develop others
- The ability to adapt to change
- The ability to communicate effectively, to both internal and external clients
- A keen interest in the latest technology and techniques in this field, including Confirmit software, browser updates effecting our online surveys
- The ability to use industry and technology knowledge to further the commercial advantage of the company
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree (2:1) in a numerate discipline e.g. maths, stats, science or equivalent experience working in a similar role
- Some knowledge in the following areas would be beneficial, but not essential: SQL Database programming, PHP, SPSS, Quantum, Merlin, other online survey software or reporting tools
What’s in it for you?
We’re based in the heart of the Northern Quarter in Manchester, surrounded by cool bars and restaurants and are about a 7 minute walk from Piccadilly Gardens. On top of that we offer corporate benefits such as an excellent pension scheme, season ticket loan, 25 days holiday and an employee perk portal for saving on high street stores and wellbeing packages.
Fancy a chat?
Diversity and inclusion is massively high on our agenda and we welcome applications from all walks of life. If you’d like more information about the role before applying, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up a chat.